Hey everyone, Tim here. The clock has just struck midnight in the Eastern Time Zone and at the real Tavern out on the East Coast of the United States, and this is the first Tavern post of 2016! We live to see another year. So what’s ahead in 2016?
- AFC U-23 Championships aka qualifiers for Rio Olympics (January)
- Women’s Olympic Qualifying (February-March)
- World Cup Qualifying – Conclusion of Round 2 (March)
- 2016 Rio Olympics! Here’s hoping that we can send both the men and women to Brazil… (August)
- World Cup Qualifying – Beginning of Round 3, should we qualify, and we should (September-October-November)
- 2016 U-19 Asian Cup … Preparation for 2017 U-20 World Cup, which Korea hosts (October)
- 2016 U-20 Women’s World Cup Papua New Guinea (November-December)
- The usual (K League, AFC CL, KPA News) and all the surprises, the predictable and the unpredictable, we’ve got it all covered at the Tavern!
So from all of us here at the Tavern of the Taeguk Warriors, Happy New Year! May it be full of happiness, prosperity and football! Keep following the Tavern and saehaebok mani badeusaeyo!